September 9, 2006


My day with a Stunt Man

Every now and then Suzi gets to sleep in and take a day off from the paper route. On those days, to my pleasant surprise we have had some young men who asked if they could join me. Yes folks I have a 2:15 am ministry to these young guys. They also minister to me by keeping me awake through conversation and the fun we have in delivering the paper. Well one of our friends Kevin is a stunt man and I have had the pleasure of his company twice now. Both times he has given me great enjoyment in his company. Well on both adventures he has done something that reminds me that he is a stunt man. (By the way have I mentioned that Kevin is a Stunt man?). Any ways back to the story. A week ago he went out with me and when we got to a house that needed it on the porch he got out and put it on the porch. Now I know it doesn’t sound really spectacular does it, well that’s because this part isn’t the amazing part, the next part is. When he went to get back in the car he did this thing over the roof of the Accord. I really don’t know how to describe it, because while I’m still just trying to wake up he’s doing these flip like things over the car. I guess the normal throwing of the paper was just a little to boring for him. He also kept telling me to go faster. So now let’s zoom ahead to this morning. Kevin and I are out and he does another thing. First he pegged the mirror with the newspaper. Now when Suzi hits the mirror it’s pretty tame and usually falls in the driveway, but when Kevin hit’s the mirror it moves the mirror and it falls in the street. So now that I’m looking at the rear tire he says back up and we’ll swoop in on it. So just to entertain him I do it. Now when I go forward he has the door wide open and grabs the paper and then throws it to the house that the paper was originally intended to go to. So now that I’m feeling like a stunt man second class I start to speed up. Needless to say I’m going down these residential streets at about 35-40 mph. So do you know what he says? He says “Go faster”. So I went a little faster and we wound up finishing the course, I mean route, in record time. Man that was stressful! The next time we go out I’m afraid that Kevin will want to drive and we will be sliding down the streets sideways or that while I’m driving he’ll want to stand on the roof and throw the paper. So please pray for my nerves and Kevin’s safety, because no matter how much I try to convince myself, I’m not a stunt man second class or third class for that matter.

1 comment:

Shay Thomason said...

I think you could be the getaway man for sure. Maybe you should talk to Kevin about how to get into his movies.. hehe..