September 25, 2006



Be Careful what you Pray For...

Knowing that 2 Peter 3:9 speaks of God being patient with us and in my case that is a good reminder due to strong will. Believe me I am very thankful for His patience with me. So knowing that everyday I pray for patience in my family life and in my dealings with people in the work place. Well I am a firm believer in “Be careful what you pray for because that is where the Lord is going to allow you to be tested.” The past two days proved that out. Yesterday’s paper was big (normal Sunday newspaper) and we had to bag it in a special promotional bag. Well the bag was very slick and caused my patience to be tested in more than one way. The first way that this bag tested my patience was when I went to stack the papers in the cart I load them into after I fold the paper. As I was stacking them the paper would spill out from the bottom almost like a landslide of newspapers. The more I tried to stack them the more I just made a mess. So I decided to watch the experts to see how they did it. There are these little Mexican ladies that are just paper folding machines. I swear they are not human. Anyways, on this Sunday these ladies were having no problem at all and all I can say is I looked liked a retard (must be the part of my genetics that is polish. By the way for those of you who don’t know I am a bean-pole. Half Mexican, half polish). So after 5 minutes of studying the art of slick paper wrapping and stacking I had down and I was off. So now let’s zoom ahead to the route. Suzi and I are out and attempting, I will say once again attempting to throw these slick bags. First the newspaper would come out of the bag and next it would slip out of your hands. At one point I asked Suzi if we needed to pull over and pray, do to us both being so frustrated. All I could think of is “What a way to prepare my heart for worship on a Sunday”. So here come’s an even more funny part. We start throwing the papers in different ways in an effort to keep the paper in the bag. We through them high in the air so that in would fall like a rock, that just made a loud “thud” and when I say loud I mean loud. Then there was the slide and all this did is spread the paper out evenly across the driveway as it cam out of the bag. Then there was the problem of throwing the paper for distance when needed. I think Suzi’s biceps grew 3 inches that morning trying to throw the paper through the menagerie of cars. We realized about a third of the way through the route that all we could do is laugh and that’s what we did. So now we just looked like a couple of loonies that escaped from Camarillo State Hospital for the Mentally Challenged, but it made it much more enjoyable. Then this morning I go to deliver papers with Kevin, the Stuntman, and while at the warehouse one of us hits the auto-lock on the car while the keys are in the car. Well that’s not good! So Kevin and I both close our doors and go back into the warehouse to clean up our stations. When we get back out to the car we find out that we locked the car doors. So we call AAA, end of story right? Wrong! Kevin and I both left the house without our wallets; coincidentally that’s where my AAA card and Drivers License are. So now the tow truck is on the way and we both don’t have identification. Well when the tow truck arrives and the driver asks for identification Kevin proceeds to tell him our dilemma and shows him the registration and insurance for the vehicle. Fortunately he bought our story and we were on our way, 20 minutes late. Nice! I can tell you honestly that if wasn’t for the Lord granting me patience the past two days I would have lost it. So remember when you are battling a slippery newspaper bag or you lock the keys in the car, Be Patient! How come I feel like singing that “Be Patient” song from that Music Machine album?

No comments: