September 20, 2006



It’ Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

No, No So. Cal. did not have a drastic change in weather over the past 24 hours. No it’s not snowing, nor is the temperature even approaching 30 to 40 degrees. It’s just that this past week the guys and girls in the warehouse were talking with great joy about the upcoming holidays and the benefits of being a paperboy. One person talked about the gas cards he received and another received a gift card to Wal-Mart. I guess it pays to make sure the newspaper does not fall in their planter or under their car. Well this got me to thinking, what if I were to send out a Christmas list along with the newspaper on Thanksgiving. I would write something like this:


Dear Sir or Madam,


I am your early rising, hard working and ever mindful of you being asleep paperboy.
I know that the last 4 months have been great and that due to the excellent service that my wife and I deliver to you day in and day out, regardless of the personal hardships that we might have to go through, you would like to get us a little something to show your gratitude. The following are places that my wife and I would like gift cards to:

Ruth Chris Steakhouse
Outback Steakhouse
Stuart Andersons
Best Buy
Sharper Image
…and any other electronic store that is in the SCV

With this outward expression of your generosity we will continue to deliver your paper high in your driveway and out of the path of your sprinklers.

Sincerely,

Your paperboy and his wife

I believe that this would eliminate any unwanted gifts like Hickory Farms and such. So if any of you out there receive the newspaper, don’t forget you paperboy at Christmas time.

No comments: