March 24, 2008

Two of the Best Sermons I Have Heard So Far This Year

This has been an amazing year for live streaming of conference speakers. I am such a conference junkie, let me correct that I am a bible conference junkie. So far this year I have been able to hear The Resurgence Conference, The Shepherds Conference and Ligonier's National Conference. Below I have two of the best sermon's I have heard this year. Now there was one other, Al Mohler's from The Shepherds Conference, but it's not online. If you have the opportunity to purchase it, I would highly recommend it. The first one is Matt Chandler. He is a pastor of a church outside the Dallas area. He is teaching on "Preaching the Gospel from the Center of the Evangelical World". I had never heard of him until this conference and I will tell you I love his passion. Now the sermon is about an hour long so just note that. You can also go to The Resurgence site and download the sermon in audio or video format.



This is the second and it's by one of my favorite pastor's, John Piper. He is speaking on "How My Pastoral Ministry Shapes My Pulpit Ministry". The things Piper lays out in this sermon are awesome. If you are a Pastor, an elder, a leader in your church or even if you aspire to leadership this is for you. This sermon runs over an hour so understand you can you download this one at The Resurgence site too. I tried to download it here for you, but I think it's size makes blogger gag.

I hope you get to listen to both and understand the passion that both of these men have for the Gospel. Enjoy!


No comments: