January 27, 2008

Sunday Night with Family P


OK Sunday night at our house is all about the girlie shows. We watch HGTV.....not just like one shows worth of HGTV....but a nights worth. For me it's better that chamomile tea or taking Nyquil. For me and my boys if it doesn't have a ball, a gun or bombs it probably won't be a show that we chose to watch. So needless to say Caleb is playing X-Box and I'm on the computer.

The last show we watched was called "Offbeat America". This show had a ranch where the owners said they were hubcap collectors. The current owner of the ranch compared his hubcaps to the glitz of Hollywood. Shiny hubcaps.....Hollywood lights......I get the comparison........ok I don't, but that's probably why I don't collect hubcaps. The owner introduced his son as the fourth generation hubcap collector. all I can say is that if my dad did that to me I'd look to move to the most remote part of planet earth.

We are currently watching a show called "Extreme Houses". Now I've heard of extreme sports and extreme lifestyles, but extreme houses? When you watch this show you learn real quick that "extreme" is just a code word for multi-million dollar home. Some of these people and there houses make me wonder what they do for a living. This one home they showed in India made me wonder what they do for a living. I mean this house was in the middle of the Indian jungle. I'm convinced that they are hiding from the FBI or the IRS.

Lastly my wife likes this show called "Sleep on it".This show allows people who are looking for a home to spend the night in the house. My wife likes this show so much that she even goes around the house singing its song. From what I have seen of this show I know that I would not want anyone sleeping in my house while I'm trying to sell it.....especially the people that this show highlights. Let me just say......well.....I think Ricky Lake could make a come back with these people.

Anyways......It's on to our next show...."What's with that house?" It's about different houses.....different equals uggggllllyyy.

1 comment:

Tom Pilarski said...

"Just let me sleep on itttt....yeah a yeah, just let me sleep on it...ohhh ohhh."

Your ever loving wife