January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger's Death a Tragedy


I normally don't comment on actor's or actresses and their goings on, but this one is different. This morning as the kids were getting ready for school and I was getting ready for work we had Good Morning America on and they were talking about Ledger's death. My daughter made the comment that it was a tragedy that he died so young. I believe my daughters comments are pretty much that of a lot of people, Christians included. I proceeded to tell her that the tragedy was not that he died so young, but that he died without Christ. Many Christians will have the same feeling as my daughter and it will escape them that Mr. Ledger is not the only one who's death is a tragedy, but that many people die every day and die without knowing Christ.

The way I see it there are two tragedy's here. The first tragedy is that a person that could have spent eternity in heaven next to his Savior will now spend an eternity in hell. The second is that we as a body of believers would rather pray for movies like Brokeback Mountain and that this movie would not be shown and that we would not pray for the salvation of those creating the movie. As a body of believers we need to stop missing the point, salvation is the point.

If you are a believer ask yourself, "Do I impact people for Christ?" "Do I take every opportunity to develop a relationship with the unbelievers around me so that I can share the Gospel with them?" "Do I get to caught up in picketing the sin and forget the sinner needs Christ?"

If you are an unbeliever there is only one question for you, "Are you ready for an eternity in hell?" Without a confessing Christ as your Savior that is the reality of life.

1 comment:

Theteak said...

My thoughts exactly. One blogger in the mix lamented not his youthful passing, nor even his status before God, but the fact that he wouldn't finish his latest movie. We do get mixed up priorities-wise don't we - thanks for the post - it's a good reminder.