December 31, 2007

What Will 2008 Bring?


Well as 2007 winds down here on So. Cal. I got to thinking, what will 2008 bring?

On a purely selfish note, will it bring good health for my family and great spiritual growth for my family and myself. If the Lord decided it was time to come back that would be, in the words of Bill and Ted, "most excellent".

On a more athletic note, if UCLA were to win a national title in basketball and football in 2008 that would be once again "most excellent". Now that we have "Slick Rick" to complement "Big" Ben Howland we might have a chance. After all every time "Slick Rick" takes over a football program they do really well for about 5 years and then the sanctions come. So our football program may have 5 years to do this. As for our basketball team, I do believe we will do it this year with K-Love on the team.

On a more fun note, I hope I will be able to blog more. Also, now that the college group at our church is starting to take off, just seeing the Lord at work with the group will be be something to look forward to. I do pray that the Lord would continue to grow me in my teaching ability and that He would also continue to grow our staff and help us to honor and glorify Him more. It is truly fun for me to watch the Lords hand at work in my life and in those around me.

On a spiritual note, I do pray that I would be more missionally minded and would develop relationships that foster an opportunity to share Christ with them. I also would like our college group to grow in this aspect to. I pray that together we would serve the SCV and the world in a way that brings glory to our Lord and Savior.

Well with that I will now struggle with staying up the next hour and a half until midnight. After that, at 12:01 am on January 1st, it will be off to bed. Good Night and Happy New Years!

No comments: