December 29, 2007

Beware New Driver in the SCV

My daughter Corrine got her driver's license yesterday. My initial response was to call all my friends in the SCV and to tell them to beware of a White Honda Civic with a 17 yr. old behind the wheel. I wanted them to be a little more cautious as they drove around town. Then my next response was one of the pain in my bank account. Those of you who have teenage drivers understand this financial setback. For those of you who do not have teenage drivers....well.....here is how I would summarize it....OWWWW!!!

After I started to come back to reality I started to realize that I really must be old. I have a child that is driving herself to work and is on her way to college next year. Holy Smokes!! Well what a way to start the new year, with the realization that I am an old guy trying to pretend that I'm not. Enough of me and congrats to my little girl. Squirt you did a good job and I am proud of you. I just know that now more than ever I will have to be a father who lives life on his knees praying for his daughter.

P.S. if that's not bad enough my son Caleb turned 15 today and that means that in one year I could have another teenage driver. Here comes the white hair and the Grecian Formula.

No comments: