April 10, 2008

The Purrrrfect Cup of Joe


OK tonight while doing my normal Internet reading I came across this article about a $100 cup of coffee. Now I consider myself somewhat of a coffee snob. I like Peet's coffee instead of Starbucks coffee because I feel that the flavor of Peet's black coffee is a lot better. So......when I see an article about a $100 cup I have to see what's so special about these beans that makes this cup of coffee worth $100. 

Well this is a blend of two types of beans, it combines Jamaican Blue Mountain and Kupi Luwak, two extremely rare coffees. Now check this part out, "The beans of Kupi Luwak are harvested after first being ingested by Civet cats and only around 260 kilos of the coffee is produced each year." OK lets follow this logic, cat ingests coffee beans and ......coffee beans come out....a yeah the coffee beans come out of the cat. I can see the barista now, "Sir would you like the kitty litter blend or the non-kitty letter blend?" They call it Caffe Raro, they should call it the Purina Blend or the new and improved Meow Mix.

OK so check out this quote, "The cats select the best beans to chew. It's rather like a natural filtering process," OK so lets go through this one more time....the cats eat the beans and the beans come out. Does that gross anyone other than me out?

So now for the understatement quote of the year..."It's not exactly flying off the shelves -- it's very expensive after all -- but customers are buying it," I have a feeling it has nothing with the price.

So tomorrow morning I think I will grind my non-kitty cat beans and have a good cup of coffee. And to think that I used to think that $2 for a cup of coffee was expensive.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice!
I used this pic as my profile two years ago.
Haha!

~Coffee

Anonymous said...

God knows I love cats and coffee, but I don't want them mixed.

Gross, but true...

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!