February 23, 2008

Someone Please Call the Fashion Police

OK so the Tour of California is in the in the SCV today which usually presents two problems. The first problem is the fact that the since the race finishes across the street from our apartment all the streets are shut down and you really don't want to leave because you don't know if you'll get back in. Whoever the traffic engineer is for this city should be flogged or at least lose his license as an engineer. The second is that every wanna-be cyclist and real cyclist congregate here. Now the real cyclist have some sweet looking bikes and are usually in shape enough to wear the spandex that cyclists normally wear. The wanna-be's on the other hand though.....that's a different story.

This is what I was greeted with this morning. i just got back from the gym and am feeling good about myself when this greets me. The first though I had is that this should be illegal. You should have carry a card that says that you are in shape enough to wear this type of clothing. Another though I had was what about big guys in other sports.....like.....

football isn't so bad, what about......

Superheroes don't look so super, what about......


race car drivers should probably not be big guys. Anyways I think you are getting the picture. Don't get me wrong I've really got nothing against big people, but everybody should be aware of what they are wearing. Now understand I have a gut and I know how I look in spandex and I am not Jack Black nor am I Chris Farrell so I do not look good in spandex.

Next year the SCV needs to get me to my apartment and have the fashion police out bright and early so I can go eat breakfast not taste last nights dinner a second time.


2 comments:

HeatherRadish said...

How do you reconcile mocking other people's bodies with your Christian faith?

Tom Pilarski said...

Heather,

If I offended you I am sorry. I believe in the Christian faith we all have to be able to make fun of ourselves. After all we are all made uniquely. Believe you, me, I make fun of myself and allow those in my circle of friends to poke fun at me all the time.

I just think that people are funny.
Once again I am sorry if I offended you.