February 18, 2008

How I Kissed Dating Goodbye, But My Daughter Didn't



My wife and I are entering a new phase in our lives. We actually have a daughter that has started dating. In our family we have taught the kids that for a Christian there is no such thing as casual dating. My wife and I believe that there is only one reason to date and that is for the purpose of getting married. With that said we interviewed, uh I mean, we met with the young man that desires to go out with our daughter yesterday. I blog about this so that those of you who have not gone down this road yet have an idea of how we.....ok, how I handled it.

Suzi and I had talked about what we were going to talk about for the past week since we heard that he wanted to talk to us. At this point I think I have to tell you about the emotional state of Suzi and I. Suzi is on cloud nine. You would think that she was the one asked out for the first time. She has a daughter that has taken the first step towards being her own woman and she is reveling in it.

As for me I am thinking about everything. I am thinking about purity, college, purity, dating, purity, time together and did I say purity. I mean I don't want to come off like
some psycho dad, but there is a very protective instinct that I have. At times I kind of feel like George Banks in Father of the Bride and at times I am very happy for the two of them.

So here is how I started the day....


At one point in the lunch I felt like calling this guy. I saw his ad and it seemed like good insurance.



Here is a video of how we ended.



Don't get me wrong I like the guy, in fact I've known him for a while......about as long as my daughter has known him in fact. Before this all started I would even humor my wife about him and Corrine getting together some day.But these days I think about calling Grampa J.

By the way I fully endorse these two seeing each other. I believe they have done it the right way........is that OK honey?

No comments: