July 12, 2007



And I Thought Cricket was a Weird Sport

I just got done reading this article on odd sports and it struck me that there are some weird people out there doing some weird things. In the picture to the left they call this "Bog Snorkeling". Believe it or not a person actually snorkels through a bog that is probably filled with more garbage that a landfill. I think the person who doesn't die of worm infestation wins. One of my favorites in this article though was the "cheese chasing". This is where some people, more than likely my polish relatives from Wisconsin, send an 8 pound wheel of cheese down a hill and the true pole chase the cheese. I'm telling you of all things chase a wheel of cheese? How do you prepare for this sport? Maybe you start by eating some Gouda with crackers, or maybe you make a kite out of Swiss and try to get to fly.


So after reading this I decided I would try to find my own weird sports and here is what found. When I searched weird sports I found this web site and found "Sepak Takraw". Wow, say that 10 times! t appears to be a mix of soccer and volleyball. Seems like weird hybrid to me, but then again I like "Irish Horseshoes".


Another that I found was "Chessboxing". Apparently in this all time favorite you beat the living daylights out of each other and then you play a game of chess. So in all reality you beat your brains out and then use your brains. Wow, now that brings a whole new meaning to working your mind.



Being a runner I had to include this race. When I e-mailed a couple of pastor friends of mine telling them that it was time for a road trip one came back with "Yeah right!" and the other came back "Your Nuts!"


Lastly, I found this site that had some more oddities. Take a look at games like "Pooh Sticking". Have fun. Let me know if you know of any other weird sports.

No comments: