May 29, 2007


Life Without a Paper Route

I have to tell you the past few mornings have been glorious. I never thought 10-11 hours of sleep would be so enjoyable. In case you haven't noticed I am not the person that likes to be in bed for long periods of time. I feel like I am wasting time if I spend more than 8 hours asleep. The past few days though have been sorely needed. 10 months with only 4-5 hours of sleep a day....wow!

My last day on the route, Saturday, was great. A good friend of mine, Mike, came along to take in the glory of the day. We enjoyed going around the route knowing that at that time Sunday I would be sleeping. We talked about the times I would walk into church trying to find a person to sit in front of that I wouldn't want to see me doing "head bobs". Last week it was Dr. Barrick, an elder at our church. We talked about the days of throwing the newspaper that had a Cheerios's promo and all the boxes of Cheerios flew all over peoples driveways. I do believe that sometime this summer one of the people on my route will find a box or two in their garden. We also talked about life without this early morning fellowship time. As much as I am glad that it is over, I will miss it.

So now that I am wide awake what will become of "Paper Boy Diaries"? Well I think it will become a potpourri blog of all the things I enjoy and think are funny. It will range from my faith, my church and my God to what movies I like and funny things I see in the news. As scary as it might sound I'll let you into the abyss called my head....... somewhat...... not totally.

First non-paper route post to come soon.

No comments: